Home In Wyoming


Maybe that's the best part of going away for a vacation-coming home again.” ―  Madeleine L'Engle, Meet the Austins

It is always nice to be back home. For me two weeks away is too much. I love to see and experience new places, always learn a lot. But am always ready to get back home usually after a few days.

Have you ever noticed how plain things around you are? Then you go away and come back, and everything looks extraordinary. If for no other reason that is a good argument to take a vacation. We didn’t go far, not by today’s standards, but for us quite a trip. But being home, back home in Wyoming, nothing beats it, even after a small trip.

The highlights? The Vicksburg Mississippi Battlefield National Park, and a riverboat ride in Branson Missouri.
Part of the Union Line at Vicksburg
Took a ride on a riverboat in Branson
 
Questions I would like answered from my trip.

1.    Are there any live armadillos? I sure saw a lot of road killed ones. I have a theory that all armadillos are dead and there are no live ones, not sure but could be – maybe not.

2.   Are speed limits just a suggestion? Sure seems that way.

3.   Does Louisiana have more trees per acre than any other state?

-New to me, food, on this trip-

1. Jambalaya – not bad, surprised me, I kind of liked it

2. Southern Blackened Chicken – too hot for this ol’ Cowboy

3. *Fried Pies at Turner Falls, Oklahoma – now we’re talking, very good

The red beans and rice with cornbread was good both times I tried it, as always.

*Not my first rodeo here, love this place.

        Well there it is vacation report – Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas, and Oklahoma. Now its home until February.
Back home - North Platte River 5 blocks south.

“How often have I lain beneath rain on a strange roof, thinking of home.”  William Faulkner

 

 

No comments: