Did You Know This About Wyoming


 It has been nearly a year since I posted on this site. 

Not too long ago, it seemed that more and more blogs with Wyoming history seemed to be popping up. Since many were funded, I decided they could do the job much better than I could from my easy chair.  After more than 300 posts (all are still up) I bowed out. A few months ago, a student said, “Oh, you write the Wyoming stuff. We use it all the time when we are writing papers in class.”



That was enough to, at least, get me thinking about kick-starting the old blog. I think I will. Not sure how often, probably not weekly, but likely monthly. 




Did You Know?  A few facts to get up and running.

Wyoming has been at the bottom of a sea – many times throughout its history. Hard to believe, considering the number of feet we are above sea level.

We have been around for a long time. The rock making up the base of faults and mountains in Wyoming are at least five hundred million years old and possibly as old as two billion years. (even before I was born)

Only Wyoming and Colorado have four straight-sided borders.

Wyoming rivers drain water in all directions. South into Utah and Colorado, North through the Big Horn and Powder River, East through the North Platte, about a quarter of a mile from where I sit writing this, and west through the Snake River into Idaho.



1 comment:

Pat, Marcus & Alexis said...

Glad to see you return here as well!